1) Reduces Pain by stimulating cells to produce their own endorphins, natural pain killers.
2) Promotes faster Healing by stimulating cells to increase the production of two major healing enzymes by as much as 75%.
3) Reduces inflammation by as much as 75%.
4) Increases Bone repair speed by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation. (used after an extraction and bone preservation and implant placement)
5) Relaxes Muscles and muscles spasms.(Used with facial pain and TMJ disorder)
6) Decreases Swelling by stimulating lymphatic drainage.
7) Enhances the Immune system by increasing the number of "killer" cells by 400-900%
8) Re-energizes cell membranes to allow transport of essential nutrients across cell walls, allowing a healthy new cell to grow , promoting healing. (nutrients will not cross and injured or sick cell wall, thus slowing healing)
The MLS (Multi-wave Lock System) Class IV laser is capable of delivering over 100 times more healing energy than the most powerful devices of the previous generation of cold lasers (Class III, LLT - Low Level Laser Therapy) Manufactured by ASA Laser, Italy, FDA approved.
More power means shorter treatment times, less therapy needed and immediate pain relief! The MLS Laser floods the tissues with photons, energizing the damaged cells and increasing circulation to the painful area. This increases the body's production of ATP (Adenosine-triphosphate), expediting the healing process to reduce inflammation and repair damaged tissue.
Laser therapy aims to photo-biostimulate chemically damaged cells via specific wavelengths of light. When cells are chemically damaged they stimulate the pain cycle. Laser excites the dinetic energy within cells by transmitting healing stimuli known as photons. The skin absorbs these photons via a photo-chemical effect, not photo-thermal; therefore it does not cause heat damage to the tissues. Once photons reach the cells of the body, they promote a cascade of cellular activities. Laser therapy light can ignite the production of enzymes, stimulate mitochondria, increase vasodilation and lymphatic drainage, ATP synthesis, and elevate collagen formation substances to prevent the formation of scar tissues. This is a critical step in reducing long term disabling chronic myofascial pain syndromes. Other formative cells are also positively influenced and immune enhancing effects are increased in the number of macrophages. Simply stated Patients get out of pain faster and heal at the same time.